Columbus >Loans > Residential Finance
1 Easton Oval, #400, Columbus, OH | Directions 4321940.045655 -82.907678
9AM - 8PM Monday - Thursday;
9AM - 6PM Friday;
10AM - 2PM Saturday
Neighborhoods: Northeast, Northeast Columbus, Easton
We stumbled across Residential Finance through Lending Tree when we decided to refinance last month. We could not have asked for a better experience. Our loan officer was Susan Harvey. She did an amazing job keeping us abreast of everything, answering/returning our calls and emails, explaining all the details (and sometimes multiple times) and getting everything in order/submitted in a timely manner. We're in CA and Susan is in FL so everything had to be done via computer/phone. Susan had someone come to our home in order to help with the closing (notary). I wish our initial loan and first refinance experiences were half as good as dealing with Susan was. For once, it felt like someone was looking out for our best interest instead of just their own. Residential Finance definitely offers exceptional customer service.
This was our first experience with Residential Funding and I can’t say enough what excellent service we received. We had attempted several times to refinance with other companies but nothing every came to fruition. We had several anomalies that made our refinance unique and from what I was beginning to think impossible. That was until I spoke with Alex Perry. He went over every option that was available to us and was superb at communicating every detail to us. Our family has faced many challenges over the past several years, like many other families in this economy right now and Residential Funding gave us hope. There isn't enough nice things I can say about the experience & care from everyone we dealt with. The process was easy and extremely detail oriented.
I will forever refer anyone that needs and hope everyone does the same. This company will received my families blessing for what they’ve done for us.
Roy Montero from the RFC Honolulu office was great! He was able to explain the refinance procedure to us, and give us different options for how we wanted to plan out our mortgate rate. He is excellent to work with, and very easy to get in touch with. If I had to leave a message on his phone, he didn't take more than an hour to call us back. He was able to walk me through a problem I had with the paperwork, and everything turned out the way it was supposed to. We were able to refinance our mortgage within one month, and it was a quick and easy process. If we have to refinance our mortgage we will definitely choose to work with Roy again. We have already referred him to some of our friends, and have his business card posted on our office bulletin board! Thanks Roy and RFC for helping us!
Working with Charles Valentin from Residential Finance Corp. He has been very personable and helping us with our refinance in every possible way he can! We have a very complicated application and thanks to Charles efforts we will hopefully get an approval this week.
It's funny nowadays people need to read about other peoples' experiences before they ever buy anything. Well I am going to try and help some of you out there that are thinking about using Residential Finance Corporation (RFC) by telling my story that began in 2008.
My grandmother had just passed away, and I had her home in South Carolina for sale. I was looking to buy a rental home where I live in Virginia when I got this card in the mail telling me about RFC and how they can get the best loans available. I called the number, and a man named Rick Coil answered the phone. I explained my circumstances to him and asked him all the questions I had about going down this road of buying my first investment property. Rick was able to answer my questions, and, most importantly, he gave me a feeling that he would never let me make a mistake, even if it meant losing the loan. So I started the process of buying this home, and Rick was at the helm doing everything that needed to be done a week ahead of time. At the same time I found a buyer for my grandmother's home in S.C. three weeks before I was to close on the rental. Now this is where RFC and Rick Coil became legendary to me and my family. We were now a week away from the closing on my grandmother's home when the buyer's bank said he was not approved for the loan! I know what you're thinking: "What about the bank's letter of approval that you get before anything gets started?" Let's just say that letter is not worth as much as some would think. Anyway, I told Rick about this and he told me to give him the buyer's phone number and he will see what he can do. In one week he had the buyer approved for the loan, and we closed only three days late.
Rick and I have gone from that experience to having done over ten loans together. I have come to trust his advice and have enjoyed his friendship. I hope my experience has helped someone else make a very important decision and realize that Residential Finance Corporation is their best choice.
P.S. If you ever speak to Rick he's now a Branch Manager, make sure you call him Ricky. LOL
We were up to our neck with credit card and financial loans and we could not see any signs of light at the end of the tunnel. We managed to pay our bills on time but we knew it would just take one catastrophic event before the bottom would fall out. Thank God we crossed path with Alex Perry from Residential Finance Corporation. He assisted us without once scrutinizing our personal financial situation. Alex reviewed our finances and analyzed every refinancing loan option available for our situation and made it happen, “pain free.” Now we finally received a second chance to handle our finances the right way and we could not have done it without the help of Alex Perry of Residential Finance Corporation. Thank you once again for everything; we really appreciate the professional yet personal service!
Cheers for Brian Kubicki!! – “It has been our family's sincere pleasure to work with Brian Kubicki through the process of refinancing our home. At the outset of the relationship we viewed Brian as just another mortgage banker, but were quickly educated to the fact that not all mortgage brokers are the same. To be sure, Brian has not only become a trusted financial consultant for our family, but Brian has also endeared himself to us and we are more likely to introduce him as our friend. Brian has an amazing ability to see inside every nuance of a family's financial situation and find even the most minute opportunity to help them save, invest and prepare for the future. We owe our current state of financial security to Brian Kubicki and are blessed to include him in our short list of highly valuable and trusted advisors. Thank you Brian, for all that you have done in serving the Nichols family.”
Best Experience Ever! – We just closed the refinancing of our home in Plain Twp. Ohio with Brian Kubicki and Residential Finance Corp. The whole process took less than 30 days! Everyone we spoke with when calling Brian back was kind and professional. Brian is very pleasant and knowledgeable. The underwriter, loan closer, and appraiser were all professional. Residential Finance is the best lender we have ever worked with for our mortgage. I would highly recommend that you use there services!
WORST lending experience EVER!!! – 1st, let me say that I have NEVER posted a single review on the web before. I am soooo unhappy with this company, that I felt compelled to warn others of their incompetence. If I could give zero stars, I would. I recently refinanced with Residential Finance Corp (Columbus, Ohio). This mortgage broker is completely incompetent with a string of departments/processes that do not communicate with each other and that ALL constantly miss deadlines. Reasons I am unhappy:
1) When I first approached RFC, I was assured we could get through refinancing within 30 days...it ended up taking 2 months.
2) In requesting a title search by email, they mis-spelled my lawyer's email address--they allowed the request for title to go unanswered for 2 WHOLE WEEKS before finally emailing me to say they weren't getting a response from my lawyer. They NEVER even bothered to PICK UP A PHONE. This was the first significant delay that pushed back our settlement date. By the way, during this 2 week delay, I was calling every 3 days to try and find out what was going on because I thought it was weird I wasn't hearing anything in regard to actually scheduling settlement...RFC would just never respond to my inquiries or follow up.
3) The loan application gets reviewed by Underwriting on at least 3 different parts of the process. Though Robert Huether told us each of those reviews should take 24 hours, they took 3-5 days each. This led to another significant delay in our closing.
4) We had to schedule settlement twice because of delays on RFC's end. The first day we were scheduled to settle at 4pm on a Friday. I was assured at several points earlier in the week we would be all set to move forward. Though me and my laywer were promised paperwork by Friday morning, we heard absolutely nothing and could not get anyone on the phone after noon that day. Only at 6pm--remember, we were scheduled to close at 4pm--did we receive an email from Robert saying we were through approval. Of course this meant a significant delay in our settlement and additional expenses incurred by us.
5) After our appraisal came in, we agreed on a final loan amount for the refinance that would leave us with 80%LTV. I received several emails from both the loan officer Victoria Palella and the processor Robert Huether confirming the amount our loan was to be for. Only a day prior to the final settlement did I come to find out that apparently they should have had us resign our disclosure documents confirming the final loan amount (instead of the estimated loan amount we started off the process with because we weren't sure where our house would appraise). This resulted in us having to bring more than twice the money to settlement that we were expecting to bring. In all fairness, they did offer to have us resign the doc at the time we discovered the error…but then we would have had to delay settlement yet another 4 days (and this was after we already had to delay 1 week past our first scheduled date, which was already delayed 2 weeks past what it should have been).
5) They almost did not release funds after settlement because they were ignorant of the laws in my state that allow lawyers to act as notaries.
6) They almost did not release funds after settlement because some other department disagreed with one of their other departments about a $37 charge on the HUD.
7) When they finally did wire the funds, they only wired 99.5% of the money. We had to wait another ½ day for the remaining .5%
8) All the additional work my lawyer had to do to deal with their competence through this whole process = 4K worth of services!!!!
Richard Arabian, worst lender I've ever worked with – I can't begin to tell you how bad this guy is,
we had to tell this guy the details over and over
and over again and he still forgot. He's excellent
at getting back to you but there is nothing being completed and somehow he hears different things
that you tell him. His stories constantly change,
This guy is the worst ever beware.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Residential Finance on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.